Dead Animal in the Pool?
Please follow these steps to remove the dead animal from the pool and disinfect the water:
- Close the pool to swimmers (include signage).
- Wear plumber’s disposable gloves.
- Use a leaf scoop/net or bucket to remove the offending material from the pool.
- Bag the matter in a plastic garbage bag, seal it and dispose in the garbage bin immediately.
- Clean/disinfect the item used to remove the material.
- Clean/disinfect gloves (if reusing).
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Flush/Backwash and check the filtration system is operating properly.
- Go to POOL MAINTENANCE on the Pool App.
- Press START SUPER CHLORINATION, which will operate for 24 hours.
- Stay out of the water till the Pool App says the water is safe to enter.