What happens to my pool equipment during an electricity blackout?
During a blackout, your pool equipment will stop working because there is no power. This means both chlorination and filtration will not be working.
There are a number of actions you need to take to keep the pool clean during a blackout:
- It is important to add liquid chlorine manually, according to label directions, to keep your pool appropriately sanitised and prevent it from going green during this period.
- Remove all leaves and debris from the pool and leaf traps.
- When your power is restored, the Pooled Energy pool automation will automatically restart and your pool should recover within a few days.
- If after three days your pool is looking anything but spectacular, we recommend running the Super Chlorination function via the App.
- If you have run the Super Chlorination and you’re still having trouble, please contact Pooled Energy sooner rather than later to avoid going green.
If you want to stay up to date during an electricity blackout when your App isn’t responding, go check out the Pooled Energy Facebook page.